2012 has been epic for me since major changes happened this year for me and my blog! I never did set a goal for 2012 since I just wanted to get back after a long hiatus. This year I decided to chane that. I want to be better and more efficient in terms of blogging as a whole so I am setting a few goals that I would want to achieve this coming year.
- Participate. I am a a socially awkward person and I am often shy towards other people which is why I don’t’ really participate too much in the blogging community. I want to change that since I know that there’s a different world out there and bloggers are just awesome! I promise to interact with you guys.
- Engage. I am part of TFG (The Filipino Group) in Goodreads but I haven’t been too active there because as I said I am too shy to do so but 2013 will be different for sure.
- Challenge. When I started blogging in 2011, I participated in tons of challenges that I failed to complete. Those challenges, if not planned carefully, can be overwhelming. This year I only participated in two, which by the way I completed with flying colors, 2012 reading challenge of Goodreads and 2012 Netgalley challenge.
2012 Reading Challenge of Goodreads – completed 101 of my 75 book goal. Initially it was 50 but I completed that around August or September so I increased the limit and I still completed it. YEY!
2012 Netgalley challenge – signed up to review 10 and I also finished that one with enthusiasm and a big smile!
- Read more. I’ve read tons of YA this year, dunno why but I am going to change that in 2013. I am challenging myself to read more books that I wouldn’t normally read because variety is the key. haha!
- Create. I am soo excited when I started a few features in the blog but work got the best of me and I, I have to admit it saddens me, neglected to keep up with those but I not in 2013. So expect to see more Title Hunt and Indie Craze next year.
- Review better. Brush up with my grammar, structure and whatnot to be able to write better reviews. Keep notes and sticky handy to help when reviewing especially for books that I haven’t reviewed for 2-4 days past.
- Stick to a schedule. As much as possible I set the weekends as my blogging/reading/reviewing days since I also have a full time 8 hours job on the weekdays. Lately, my work schedule has changed and I neglected to adjust for my blogging time which made it harder for me to balance and finish everything.
- Update tracker. A lot of bloggers do this I know and I only started doing this around September due to the number of tours I participated. At first I thought that it was more work but seriously it did help with keeping track of everything and helped me to stick to my schedule.
- Buy more but be smart about it. I frequent second hand bookstores and it can get crazy. I end up buying 5-7 books per visit and that really put a dent in my TBR pile. This year, I need to pick my battles. Buy book but be smart about it – one can only read so much.
- and most importantly enjoy everything.
Hope everyone had a great 2012 as I have. Let’s look forward to what 2013 will bring us and before I go just want to tell you guys how awesome you are. I couldn’t tell you guys how I appreciate everyone who has been with me since I started. Don’t forget to be grateful of the blessing you had and what will come your way in 2013 and read more!